is ist possible to get a job with a felony??

my ex has been trying to get a job. but he keeps telling me that it is hard because he has a felony. so is it really that hard to get a job and have a felony?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• My DH has 2 felonies. Does it make it harder to get SOME jobs? Yeah. But most it doesn't matter with. IF it happened more than 7 years ago it may not even show up on a background check unless they do a really in-depth one... Check out www.MyFelon.com It's a social site like this one, but it's for felons and their loved ones. There is a big section there on jobs, and some listings too...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i think so. and it depends what it is and how long ago it was. my mom runs a bakery and she has hired felons before. one of her best employees is a felon.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Some jobs yes...but its hard to get a job in general because of the economy!!
    Artistachica

Answer by Artistachica at 7:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Most jobs yes. My friends fiance couldn't even get a job in lawn care because of a felony. He got 3 jobs that then 'fired' him when his background check came back. It was a felony from when he was 18. He and some friends stole some CD's. It was 12 years ago at this point and still haunts him.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I agree with Artistachica. It is extremely hard to find a good job in our economy right now for someone that has a clean record and college degrees. So I would imagine it is even harder for someone with a record to obtain gainful employment.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 7:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My mother is a felon because she embezzled money and got caught. She is now a CNA at neurologist center. Yea, I suppose it would be harder it took my mom awhile to get one. She went back to school,but right now its hard for anyone.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• it's possible, but yes it is harder. Most applications make you admit if you've had one, and yes it does make a person think twice.

He can try going down to unemployment and seeing if they can help him get a job.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2010