How bad is it?

Okay so I am going to start out by saying that I am never alone. I am a SAHM and I have three boys plus I watch another little boy so I am NEVER alone. My MIL is so awesome, she is going to take all three of my heathens away tomorrow night so I can have a break with is AWESOME!! My dh usually works nights and I was looking forward to having the whole house to myself, but now that he knows that they kids will be away HE is going to take the night off so HE can stay home too...UGH...is it really bad that I wish he would go to work? I plan on cleaning out a closet and I didn't want any "help" from him on this project....

MamaRoberts

Asked by MamaRoberts at 7:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• LOL.. Not bad at all. I love my DH dearly, but sometimes ME time is essential to MY mental health
    MommyBoha

Answer by MommyBoha at 7:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I would want him to go to work too.
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 7:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Nope, I like my "me" time and treasure it. I would feel the exact same way.
    Serenity75

Answer by Serenity75 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I would tell him that you were really looking forward to a night alone. You had great plans to get "down and dirty" with a closet and you just want to be alone. Most men would understand. I know mine would.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Actually, that would really tick me off. If I was looking forward to some me time, and my DH came and took it away, I would not be nice about it. However, I am not sure that your DH would understand that you wanted "me time" to clean. If the house is going to be quiet for a night, he might think that he might get lucky. I would talk to him and have him run some errands, get some stuff for later, and tackle the closet while he is gone. Then, it could be the two of you.

BTW- I can't do a super clean if there are other people in the house. They get in my way, and it really annoys me. I hope you can get something done.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I understand your feelings. Having ME TIME is great sometimes.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Thanks everyone for answering, I did talk to him and he is going to work (thank god!) so I will get to attack the closet in peace after all!
    MamaRoberts

Comment by MamaRoberts (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2010