the sinners prayer

I really need to say this prayer and tech it to my kids, does any one know what it is?

DeeMarie87

Asked by DeeMarie87 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• "The Sinners Prayer"..........................
    Heavenly Father:..........................................................................
    I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of
    my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my
    heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the
    Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have
    Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe
    that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now
    to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and
    Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the
    day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess
    with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed
    by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen

If you read the Sinners Prayer and truely believe the words you read, then
    Praise the Lord as you have been saved and your name will appear in the
    "Lambs Book of
    Godslight85

Answer by Godslight85 at 8:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• talk to God from your heart- it doesn't have to be scripted. To be saved you must believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord. God Bless you on your journey.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 9:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• You could pray something simple such as: "Dear heavenly Father, I know that I have sinned and I want to turn away from my sin and toward you. Please forgive me and guide me. I believe Jesus is your son, that he died for my sins and that you raised him from the dead. I ask for Jesus to be my Lord and my savior, to reign in my heart. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me be obedient to your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus name I pray. Amen."
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• One very important thing to remember is that Jesus knew you before you were ever concieved in your Mothers womb. He knew every Sin that you would commit in this life and yet he still "Chose" to die on the Cross for you. Why? Because he loves you un-conditionally. Jesus knows what we go through here in the world. Remember, he has been there and done that. So don't ever let the enemy convince you that God doesn't love you because he does and always will. Remember, Jesus said he would never leave nor forsake us. So when we feel un-loved its only because we have walked away from him. But he's still there right where we left him, waiting for us to turn around and come back. Its so important that you know this, because you are "everything" to God and he loves you so much. Believe me when I say, the enemy will do anything he can to convince you that you are un-loved, a failure, worthless, ect. But the fact of the matter is; "
    Godslight85

Answer by Godslight85 at 8:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• "You belong to Jesus Christ!" He paid the price for you with his Blood and he is not about to let you go! NEVER! God understands... Just talk to him for he is a very forgiving God! Believe me, I know. So be Blessed.. In Jesus Name!

Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
    and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him
    from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
    believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
    is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
    name of the Lord shall be Saved....................

Let me know if you have anymore Questions. The wording of your prayer does not matter, God knows your heart, you just have to pray to Repent of your sins and believe in your Heart that Jesus Died on the cross for you. I did not have the sinners prayer in front of me when I became born again, I just prayed
    Godslight85

Answer by Godslight85 at 8:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• There is no actual "sinner's prayer that is pre written. A sinner's prayer is the first prayer one prays to become saved. It is often based on Roman's 10:9-13 since this verse tells us how to be saved.

"If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
    name of the Lord shall be Saved."

cont.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• yes i know that i grew up in a christian church, im trying to get back in touch with god again, i feel out some there along the line and it just hasent been the same with out him, u know what i mean?
    DeeMarie87

Comment by DeeMarie87 (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I did not grow up in Church but after I became I Christian I fell away from God for a while as well, so I know how you feel. I now have Him back in my life and things could not be better. Not every day is great, but I always know that God is on my side and He is here with me no matter what. It may take time but you will get back to where you were before. Just ask God to show himself to you and be open to watching so you dont miss it when He does. I will be praying for you. Im here if you have any Questions. Just PM me and I will get back to you. Hope all goes well and God Bless
    Godslight85

Answer by Godslight85 at 8:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I don't think there is a sinners prayer. The one quoted above is how you become saved. I have always believed what it says but this last sunday I said it out loud! As for praying you just do it from the heart. Teach your children what you believe. God Bless!
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• but you also need to be aware that just saying the prayer doesn't "save you". you need to be baptized. In Luke 3, for example, verses 3-7
    Jesus answered: I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot be in God's kingdom.
    Nicodemus said: But if a person is already old, how can he be born again? He cannot enter his mother's womb again. So how can a person be born a second time?
    But Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth unless you are born from water and the Spirit, you cannot enter God's kingdom. Human life comes from human parents, but spiritual life comes from the spirit. Do not be surprised when I tell you you must be born again.

Read the who chapter. Its good. Baptism is a personal choice and commitment to God. IMMERSION is baptism, and it is a choice a person makes when they want to devote their lives to God, not when their parents choose. :) Just wanted to make you aware.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 26, 2010