How do I get my 2.5 daughter to do #2 in the potty?

She just started potty training Monday and is doing great. Except for #2. in the potty. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give her time. Many times, peeing the potty comes 1st, then pooping will come later. Don't push it or get mad. Just explain where the poop goes very matter of fact. If she poops in her pants, just take her to the potty, dump the poop in the potty and just tell her that's where it goes. For me personally, I wasn't above a little bribe either. When my dd had the peeing down for a long time, but not poop, I started telling her when she pooped in the potty she could have the ice creamy yogurt (frozen Go-gurts, special treat!) It took about 4 times offering it, finally she decided to do it and as soon as she did it, 1st thing she asked for was the yogurt.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 7:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• she will not pee or poop in her pants which is great. She will tell you that it does not go in her underwear. She gets upset in the morning if she is wet. I told her it will take time. If she has to poop she will ask me to put a diaper on. So I do that. You are right this will take time.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 8:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• LOL - when you figure this out, let me know. My little one is potty trained for #1 but we are fighting tooth and nail for #2. Silly girl wears her panties and runs to potty for pee but just takes her panties off and poops in the floor. I'm going C R A Z Y !!!!
    mcpavelka

Answer by mcpavelka at 11:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• MCpavelka when did your daughter start potting training?
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 11:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• She started at 18 months, she just turned 2 on May 28
    mcpavelka

Answer by mcpavelka at 12:06 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I'll let you know when mine starts! Lol. She's got the peepee idea perfected but bowel movements are hit and miss.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 11:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2010