OMG wtf?????

I have been babysitting my DHs nephew bc his mom is out of town, and i just cought him with my son and he had my sons pants down and was touching him on is penis and the other in the crack of his ass. He is 8 and my son is 4, I got really up set and yelled at him, it was just a reaction. I shouldent have yelled at him but no one has ever done that to my son b4, it makes me question what is going on at home with him, and where he is learning this from, how would i tell my sil about this, she has a habit of thinking her kids do no worng. and im scared she wont beleive me. I want to tell her and tell her to make sure nothing is happening at home or school! what would u do? How would i tell her

DeeMarie87

Asked by DeeMarie87 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm sorry, that is a tough situation. That's just one of those things you are going to have to bring up to her, no matter how hard it is. Because the kid is obviously learning that behavior somewhere. Maybe make sure when you bring it up to her, do it in a way that she doesn't feel attacked, she could be totally unaware or anything that may or may not be going on. Good luck with this one mama, I can only imagine the things that you felt when you saw that happening to your little boy.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 7:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Well, first, I am glad that you know that your reaction was not the best, but it is TOTALLY understandable! Unfortunately, it is really quite normal for kids to explore like that, they don't have to be in a "situation" at home or elsewhere to exhibit such behavior.

I would tell the mother in no uncertain terms that it is not appropriate for her son to be alone with yours and that her son need to be educated in what changes will be happening to him very shortly, how it is fine to touch yourself but not others who are too young to give consent.
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 7:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• WOW! Sometimes kids wonder what "that" is. Maybe it was just innocent but I CAN DEFINITELY UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM.
    Talk with your nephew first and find out why he was doing it. Try and do a little explaining that doing things like that aren't okay. Then tell her about it. Tell her you are worried things may be going on that she doesn't know about.
    Be calm with her.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 7:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My goodness this is a ruff one. I would def be wondering what is going on at home I would do what Nickllmomof2 said. Someone needs to address this.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 7:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Maybe you could speak to the kid first..kinda in a friendly way about what he was doing (like where he saw that or who does that)..pump him for info without making it sound like you are asking too much. Your SIL will probably be in denial like you said. I would get someone involved though for sure..probably without even telling your SIL because if she is involved she could tell him what to say to the cops.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• At the age of 8 he should definitely know better. I would just flat out tell her. Good Luck
    jridgill

Answer by jridgill at 7:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I did talk to him and i was like its not nice to touch other people on thier privets, and i also asked him if some one touched him like that and where did he get if from he said nothing. he just smiled about and said im gonna go watch tv.....
    DeeMarie87

Comment by DeeMarie87 (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• wow! i would tell your dh and let him talk to his sis about it. she might be more willing to talk to your dh than to you. but you can't leave something like this alone! you are right, this could indicate something bad either at school or at home. DO NOT ignore this issue! for your nephew and your son's sake. an 8 year old should not be doing that! and your 4 year old is old enough to where this could tramatize him. do the right thing mama!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Definitely find out where he learned it from so you have something to present to his mom. Something needs to be done about this. Someone has done something to that child, and he needs counseling ASAP.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 7:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Since he reacted like that, I would definitely make it a point to talk to your SIL. She needs to know because this may be something she has no idea about.
    But don't make it seem like your 'attacking' her. Express your concern. And be sure to tell her your nephew's reaction.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 7:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2010