what kinda birthday did your (turning) 5 year old have

Shannon706

Asked by Shannon706 at 8:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i've decided we aren't going to do a birthday party... she'll take cupcakes to school and share that fun time with her friends, but i'm going to take my girls to the beach instead.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 8:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My son had a Mario Birthday Party. We got a lot of ideas off the internet. We played the game pin the mustache on Mario (similar to pin the tail on the donkey). He loves video games so this idea was perfect. His cake was Mario, and my sister printed off different characters from the internet to place around. I made cupcakes for the children of charaters from the video game and I got the recipe off the internet. The party turned out great!!
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 8:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• he will be 5 in nov and he wants a super hero costume party, i thougt it was a cute idea, but he keeps tellin me mom make sure u tell them i can be the only one in a batman costume lol lil brat!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We took him and a couple of friends to see the Astroboy movie. He loved it.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 8:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• He had an army themed party at Pump It Up. This was our 4th time having a birthday party at a place other than home and they out did all the other places. Not once did I have to lift a finger to do anything. I was able to take pictures and really enjoy his party without having to worry about the details of it.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• we had a bowling alley birthday party. i was 8 months pregnant so it was my intention was to have no work to do...but before the party dh took 6 boys to the comic book store for free comic book saturday, they came back to our house and had lunch and made bowling picture frames before we went bowling. we had pizza and cake there. we came back and tye dyed t-shirts, and the grown ups ate real food. i had to wash the t shirts. the kids had cupcakes and popcorn and watched planet 51. then they all slept over. all 10 kids! it was pancakes the next morning!
    so my not at home party was no easier than what we normally do!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My daughter had a rockstar party. We had the girls dress up in "rockstar" stuff, made a stage for them to sing and dance on and gave out big rings, feather boas and sunglasses as favors. Her cake was a guitar and they had a blast!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• at 5 we had the super ladybugs save the flowers party. it was hard to get my twin girls to agree on a theme. one wanted a super hero party and the other a girly flower party. we made ladybug capes for all the kids out of felt with big colorful dots on them. they still play with them. they are now 6.
    chris13

Answer by chris13 at 1:07 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We are going to do a Wipeout party. We will set up an obstacle course in the yard and everything.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 8:31 AM on Jun. 25, 2010