What do you think it means to be Christ-like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think it means to be loving and accepting to others, to treat others kindly and take care of your fellow man. Think about how Christ lived his life according to the Bible--so many people who claim to be Christians fall short on that. Charity, kindness, and love.
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 8:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• To love your enemy as you do yourself. To do good to those who hurt you. To treat every person as though they are your brother.

Answer by Bmat at 8:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Be loving, forgiving, sinless as humanly possible, 100% total dedication to God, always growing spiritually. These * explain it clearly to me :)

* knowledge
    * humility
    * charity
    * love
    * obedience
    * diligence
    * faith, and
    * hope
    (* are quoted from President Uchtdorf- http://lds.about.com/b/2008/10/03/christlike-attributes.htm
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We are to live as Jesus would. Treat people as He would treat them. It is not easy for anyone to be Christlike, it takes a lot of work, and help from God. No one is sin free, and no one is Perfect, except jesus, so we will all fall short at times. Just because we have the title "Christian" doesnt mean we wont fall short sometimes. I know I have. As an example I am sure everyone on this site has gotten angry at someone at one point or another, that is not Christlike, but none of us are perfect and it is something I am working on each and every day. I strive to be more like Him and less like the world. The Bible is our manuel for life, it is the way God intends for us to live in order to have joy, happiness, peace, Love, ect in our lives. Just my opinion. I know I would not trade my relationship with Christ for anything. My life has changed so much and it is only because of Christ that my life is better today. God Bless You...
    Godslight85

Answer by Godslight85 at 8:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I have always believed it meant to act as closely to the way you believe Jesus would have as you can... If you do something you don't think Jesus would do, you aren't being Christ-like... Its really that simple to me.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My opinion is that it means to emulate him - to try to be as he was, which is loving, gracious, humble, forgiving, patient, kind, compassionate, etc etc.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Do onto others as you'd have them do onto to you.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• To me it means being kind, considerate, non judgmental, you serve your fellow man without desiring reward.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I have found that most Christians are not Christ like at all.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Have a foul temper--go around calling people "fools" and "a generation of vipers" and curse fig trees. Ignore and look down upon those who are gentiles or foreigners because you have come for "the lost sheep of Israel." Have a high opinion of yourself--claim a relationship to god. Turn fathers against sons, mothers against daughters, husbands against wives, etc... And definitely believe in the most incredible, error-filled piece of crap ever written by mankind.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2010