Since we are talking books today...

I posted this a few days ago, but didn't get many answers. I'm looking for a new book to read. I have $15 in Amazon gift cards and would like to get something that will actually add to my education.

Here's what I'm looking for:
European Based Religious History and/or Traditions. Preferably Pagan... I've read so many technique and belief books and I'm frankly tired of reading the same stuff. So I would like to learn more background...

What are your suggestions?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 8:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would suggest the Kings' Sagas, however, you can find the vast majority of them online for free, so I don't know that you'd want to spend money (or a gc) on them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I hate to read online and I'm big on highlighters and notes in the empty spaces... So I prefer books to free online options every time! I'll check that out, I haven't ever heard of it...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It's really a collection of different sagas. If you check sacred texts or wiki you can get the full list, but iirc there are a few collections that have been translated to English over the years.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I like The Encyclopedia of Celtic Wisdom. It has pieces from many old stories and sources along with some scholarly exposition.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 1:08 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Witches' Goddess and Witches' God by Stewart and Janet Farrar.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2010