Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

What would you do?

So my Dh and I are living with my parents for now. My mother used to be a very sweet easy going person but the last few years she has gotten really angry and irritable. Lately she has been yelling at me for things that I had nothing to do with. For example last night SHE decided to give my son a bath, didn't tell or ask me just did it. Then starts yelling at me because she was bathing him, and he isn't cleaned but he drained the tub,etc. So i'm all like I'll finish cleaning him no prob. She kept glaring at me the rest of the evening and making snotty comments to me. I bathe my son every night and was intending on bathing him yesterday too. So I don't know why she was yelling at me. she does things without my asking and then yells at me. She does this to me all the time. I don't know what to do?


Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • sorry just the two of you and tell her how much you appreciate her generosity. Find out if you and your hubby can do anything for her to help out like mow the lawn, paint, etc. Let her in on any plans or progress towards goals you and your hubby have made to get your own place.

    Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • Sounds like it's time to move out. Maybe she doesn't want you to stay with her anymore and doesn't know how to tell you. I would flat out ask her if she wants you to move out and see what she says.

    Answer by kaylan010 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • I am sorry. What a difficult situation. Have you noticed this behavior just since you started living with her? Perhaps she is stressed or resentful that you all are there all the time. Be sure that you pay rent, pay your share of utilities and do your share of the housework. Be an asset and not a drain on their resources. If you already do all of this, then she may need to get a physical exam. When someone's behavior changes without good reason, then it could be hormonal or other health problem.

    Answer by Bmat at 8:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • As my wise Mama would say, "Two familes can't live together in the same house!!" I'm sure ya'll are getting on each other's nerves. You need to make every possible effort to get your own place.

    Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • I would just ask her if she has a problem with how you do things. And would look for another place to live. It isn't easy living with someone else.

    Answer by kimmy73 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • I agree with kaylan010. It sounds like you've out-stayed out your welcome.

    Answer by Serenity75 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • do you think she could have a blood sugar issue? could she be going through menopause? do you think that it is time for you to go, or do you think it could be something else?

    Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • As hard as it would be I would move out! Hope things get better!

    Answer by Artistachica at 8:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • I would take her out to lunch or breakfast just the two o

    Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2010