Do you pay for your toddler to go to Pre-school?

Or are you going too?? and will your city pay for it?? Is there a really a difference?

Artistachica

Asked by Artistachica at 8:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• we paid 2400 for four half days for my first son, which was actually a young 5's program. we paid 1200 for two half days for my second son, who was 4 when he started.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We pay for my daughter to go to a private pre-school. I think (but I might be wrong) there are public preschool's that you can get help with here in the state I live in.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I don't yet but if there are no other programs available we will.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 9:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I sent my daughter to a private preschool starting at age 2 (she did two 4 hour days at 2, three 4 hour days at 3, and five 4 hour days at 4). The price was based on how many days/week she went - it was roughly $100/day. I will be doing the same for my son.
    The only public preschools available here in NC are Head Start, which you have to qualify for income wise and we don't.

Answer by missanc at 9:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We don't send ours to preschool at all (homeschoolers) but if I did I would pay. The local public preschools don't measure up,IMO.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 12:26 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• No. I will not pay for them to go to preschool. My daughter does lots of work here at home, is ahead of the preschoolers that she would be in a class with and does kindergarten work already... not pre-K, kindergarten. I feel the whole preschool, k-4, k-5, pre-k stuff is a bit too much.
    LoveMyBlessings

Answer by LoveMyBlessings at 10:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2010