stopping a 14 month old from shrieking?

my son has started doing this ear splitting high pitched scream for no reason. I am so far just ignoring it but wondered if any moms had ideas to save my sanity lol?

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 8:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh wow was my daughter born with a set of lungs. She made the operating staffs' ears ring. She has always had this insane loud scream. Now at 15 months, she just does it for fun. Good luck with finding something to help, I have yet to find anything. (earplugs maybe....just a suggestion HE HE HE).
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Have you taught your son any sign language? ASL can help with communication and is beneficial for early reading skills and much more. :)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Oh, Honey. DD is almost 12 months and she's doing this too. I get ALL KINDS of dirty looks in Wal-Mart for this. WTH do they expect me to do? Spank her? Anyway, I wish I had some great advice to help you, but I don't really think there IS anything to stop this. Just something he'll have to out grow. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone. :-)
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 9:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• my daughter does this too! we don't live far from a hospital, and we always have to do a double take when an ambulance goes by, it sounds like my daughter! my dd is 2 now, and i can take her to her room and tell her to come down when she is done crying. she will come down when she is calm.
    i have to be consistent about taking her to her room though!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Hahaha my 16 month old does it all the time. It will pass. When we are in public you would think my kid is the only one who has ever done this. From the looks I get anyway.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• lol I get the looks to aand I think "what would you like me to do tape his mouth" I mean come on he's a baby basically. tyf or letting me know I am not alone. and yes he does know some signs and learns more everyday :) I think part of it is just testing his voice out ...wish he could test the whisper tho...
    Bearsjen

Comment by Bearsjen (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Be patient and remember "This too shall pass" Hugs.
    cricketdawn81

Answer by cricketdawn81 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2010