If you are a SAHM do you enjoy it?...or would you rather be working?

I'm a SAHM and sometimes I wish I had a job to have that social interaction. Being a SAHM can be stressful but yet very rewarding, and I know a lot of moms out there don't have that option.

Artistachica

Asked by Artistachica at 9:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• I do enjoy it. I like spending time with the kiddos all day and plus I like getting things done.
    heathermichelle

Answer by heathermichelle at 9:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I am not a SAHM but I'm on meternity leave right now. I LOVE the time I get to spend with my girls and I enjoy it A LOT but I miss my job every now and then. I teach kindergarten and I miss my kids at the moment.. :(
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 9:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I absolutely love being a SAHM. I love being here with my kids 24/7.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 9:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I enjoy it but sometimes I wish I had a job for some adult interaction.
    Jemia

Answer by Jemia at 9:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i love being a sahm, and feel very blessed we can afford it. we can barely afford it, but we get by. I miss being able to chip in financially, but when my son is in school, and if we are happy with one child, I'll go back to work pt.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I have only been a sahm 3wks...so far, its a love-hate relationship. I do enjoy having the entire week to get everything done, rather than cramming it all onto the weekend or evenings...which is a plus, sense not every errand can be done outside of mon-fri daytime hours.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I love being a SAHM but I do want to work. Not a traditional 9-5 job, I prefer being crafty and artsy and then selling the items I make. Thats my goal one day anyhow lol. I love being home but it would be nice to make a little money on the side doing something I enjoy, not because I have to but because I want to.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 9:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I am a SAHM of a 12 month old but worked up until recently. I love being at home with my son we have a blast but there are times where I really miss my previous job ( I ran a childcare center). Staying at home does allow me to have more time to clean, cook, and bake ( I love to do), and watch my son grow so much more closely. It has however drastically changed my husband's and my marriage dynamic and causes some resentment on both of our parts ( the grass is always greener ) but I would not change this decision in the least.
    KristeenieB

Answer by KristeenieB at 9:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I'm a SAHM and I can't imagine it any other way.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I enjoy it. There are pros and cons to anything but the pros of staying home with my daughter far outweigh the few cons.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2010