How often do you give your 1-2 year old juice??

I was told by my Sons DR not to give him no more then a cup of juice a day. I never really gave my Son a lot of juice in the first place. He mostly gets milk or water.

Artistachica

Asked by Artistachica at 9:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• she gets juice throughout the day....but I dilute it a lot, so it's more like juice flavored water :)
    She doesn't get enough liquids if I give her just plain water all the time, she won't drink it
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 9:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I give my two year old one sippy cup of juice a day with his snack. Other than that, he drinks milk or water.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My daughter doesn't like juice. She doesn't get any juice and I don't plan on trying to introduce it anymore
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I wouldn't give more than 1 cup, and that cup would not be near bed time and 1/2 and 1/2 it with water... I would rather my kids get milk with meals and water the rest of the day. Sometimes they get juicy juice at lunch time
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 9:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I never gave my kids juice. It is rarely nutritious and lots of empty sugar calories. Water or Milk or sometimes flavored waters.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• ummm maybe twice a day...about 2 oz in an 8 oz cup of water..so its not alot of juice...it gets put in the rotation of milk and water cups!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My son is just under a year and I only give him juice when he is extremely stopped up and in pain. We give my 2 year old neice diluted juice but not nearly a cup a day.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• she gets 1-2 cups of 3/4 water 1/4 juice a day usually after nap. i really just use the juice to flavor the water so she will drink. luckily she will drink plain water after she's been playing outside and milk the rest of the time.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• a toddler should have no more than, 4 oz of Juice total, per day. AND Apple juice is the WORST for sugar...even though it's natural occurring sugar, If your buying it with no sugar added..It's still VERY bad for your child. One of the best juices out there, is Fruit and Veggie plus...It's all natural and tastes great!!
    aidansmyheart

Answer by aidansmyheart at 9:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2010