What do you do for the 4th of July?

Our family never really does anything special its always the same BBQ party and what not..lol..anyone have traditions? I would love to hear about them!=)

Artistachica

Asked by Artistachica at 9:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• We always go to fireworks around the 4th. Most of the cities here do them before the 4th. This year we are going camping. I hope this will become a tradition.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I don't really have any traditions. The kids are grown and usually are somewhere else for the 4th. I, however, truly love fireworks. I love to buy them, I love to shoot them, I love to watch them. I think it's the ex-firefighter in me coming out! LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Me too!=)
    Artistachica

Comment by Artistachica (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We spend all day at the lake swimming and cooking out then at night we watch the boat parade and fireworks over the water... This year I'm afraid we won't get to b/c my baby is due June 30th and quite frankly I am expecting to actually go into labor on July 4th LOL
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 9:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We always go to my inlaws because my FIl's bday is on the 4th. I don't understand why they can't celebrate another day...but whatever. We just eat. They expect us to stay the entire day...which really puts a boil on my ass because i would rather be doing something fun. Usually we buy some fireworks for night to do back home.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I turn another year older on the Fourth! Also, I hang out with my family. My big sis is having the "family Fourth" this year. So excited!
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• bbg at my fil house
    Prego889

Answer by Prego889 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i think a bbq is very special, especially if you do it every year!
    we will go to a parade, and then have a bbq!
    i can't wait until the kids are older and we can go see fireworks!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We normally do not do anything, we will usually stay home, open door policy if family or friends want to come by... we bbq, (my boys choice) and we will do a few store bought fire works later in the evening... it's one of those "Just Us" days... and we kinda like it that way...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We usually have a block party, but I haven't seen any information about it yet this year. If we don't have the block party, we may go to a fireworks show.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:31 AM on Jun. 25, 2010