have any of you started you baby on cereal (solids) before 4 months, if so why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• I personally started my children at 4 months. I started them with the rice cereal. My mom has told me that she had to start me early. Apparently, I saw my older siblings eating real food and at 3 months, I was refusing the bottle and insisting on eating what my sibs were eating. I am told frequently that I drove her nuts. :)
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I have not. He is now 11 months old and has yet to eat cereal. I dont really see the need for it. I do give him lots of fruits and veggies and he loves those but cereal... I just dont see a reason for it.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• No I started my son at 4 months 1 week. He is now 9 months and doing well.
    Jemia

Answer by Jemia at 9:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• No, even back in 1996, I knew it was a no-no, to start too early. But, now a days, not even at 4 months would I risk my kids stomach not being mature enough.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• the recommended age for cereal is 4 months buy the ped association and the reason being is so they are mature enough to break it down. too early and all the wonderful nutrients in it are carried out of the body, or throw up...
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2010