have any of you ladies tried alli? does it work? thoughts please....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I took it 2 1/2 years ago (7 months after having my 2nd child). I counted fat and calories, took an alli pill with almost every meal, drank pretty much nothing but water and worked out an hour a day 5 days a week. I lost 40 lbs in just under 6 months. If you watch what you eat you really have no side effects (the orange -fat- in your stools) I never had any bladder problems nor blue urine. I have been wanting to start back on it to lose the 15 lbs I gained after my 3rd was born. If you stick and follow the plan it's really a great help with weight loss.
    Dianebrooke

Answer by Dianebrooke at 3:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I haven't tried it. Every since I read the label and saw "anal leakage", I was turned off. There are better ways to lose the weight. I stopped drinking sodas and am watching what I am eating, and have lost 10 lbs. already. There is an awesome book out there called Belly Fat Cure. It has a list and pictures of items that are belly good and belly bad. It's very interesting!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Urine turning blue and a loss of bladder control is a new one to me. I take one with my evening meal as that is the meal that I usually will have fat in my food. I eat small low calorie snacks/meals throughout the day so I have no need for it then. I personally have never experienced any of the problems, including anal leakage. That is for those who eat 3 meals full of fat and take an Alli with every meal. They are the ones that end up having problems. So far it is helping with my weight loss. I'm noticing that I lose more than if I didn't have that extra help.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• yeah anything that says anal leakage and I dont wanna go there lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• my hair dresser tried it and said her urine turned blue, and she lost bladder control too! i would never try that!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Oh, also I never had any anal leakage. Alli was pretty good. I actually felt like I ate more cause of adding the small snacks throughout the day to get in all my calories.
    Dianebrooke

Answer by Dianebrooke at 3:16 AM on Jun. 25, 2010