Bed time fits

My son is 22 months. Lately bed time has become a nighmare. He is potty training. So lately he lays down and after 15 minutes he starts crying, then screaming. When you check on him he says Pee. Sometimes he pees sometimes he doesn't. Always wants more milk so he gets another 2 oz. Cut back to 4 oz a while ago. It just started lately...and I am at my witts end. Sometimes he wakes the 8 month old baby, then I am really mad. But there is no door on his room and the baby's door is more like a paper thin closet door. So he is very disruptive. IDK if it's a normal phase or he's looking for attention or what. But after 10 minutes of his screaming I typically cave. Go up and check on him and he typically goes to sleep after that. His nap time is not like this, only at bed.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 9:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Go get a noisy fan and put it in the baby's room to drowned out the screaming. Then, let the toddler work it out on his own. He's screaming because it works - you come back and bedtime is delayed. He's at a stage where he wants more control which is a good thing but for some things ...you need to stay in the driver's seat. Sometimes, not having the control makes them feel more safe. I'll bet he's back to normal after a week of working it out on his own. Good Luck.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• May just be a phase... hang in there...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 9:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• the only advice i can offer is, stop giving him drinks. it will only make him go to the bathroom more. lol. it took me a long time to FINALLY force the sippy cup out of my oldest's hand.

take him to the bathroom right before you put him down and tell him this is his one chance to go. he will not be allowed to get up 15 minutes later.

my daughter has absolutely HORRIBLE fits when i put her down... she kicks the door... goes into a blind rage. (she has emotional issues from when her father and i were together.) she will wake up my 2 year old, hit her, pinch her, anything to get her crying too... instead of removing my 4 year old from the room, i remove my 2 year old. (my 4 year old WANTS out of her room.)
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 9:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• guess it could be worse then. he still takes a bottle, with the baby. we have given up on that battle. when the baby looses it so will he. he pees right before bed. it's more like an attention thing this last week..... babies.... it is what it is
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2010