What do you think of this?

NEW ORLEANS – Earlier this month, BP boldly predicted the oil gushing from the bottom of the sea would be reduced to a "relative trickle" within days, and President Barack Obama told the nation last week that as much as 90 percent would soon be captured. But those goals seemed wildly optimistic Thursday after yet another setback a mile underwater.

A deep-sea robot bumped into the cap collecting oil from the well, forcing a temporary halt Wednesday to the company's best effort yet to contain the leak. The cap was back in place Thursday, but frustration and skepticism were running high along the Gulf Coast.

MunchMunch

Asked by MunchMunch at 9:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• They are promising the moon.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 8:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• "BP had 760 safety violations in the past five years and paid $373 million in fines. By contrast, Sunoco and ConocoPhillips each had 8 safety violations and ExxonMobil just 1."

You know I feel like that pretty much says it all right there.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 10:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• From Louisiana myself.. They are not doing the MOST they can do. And it is a shame. They make billions off of something and it should of NEVER EVER gotten to this.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 9:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• They had opportunities to do the right thing and made poor choices not to.
    I cannot take the pictures especially when I know animals are dying in amounts I am not sure I want to know of! It just breaks my heart!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I think they are trying their best at the moment...it's not like it's easy. It's a mess....and there are going to be setbacks. Am I happy about it?? No, I am angry and frustrated about the whole thing but it is what it is....let's just hope they figure it out soon and get that mess cleaned up.
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I think its just horrible. I look at pictures and want to throw up. And I used to think landfills were disgusting...this mess just takes the cake. I pray to God they find a way to fix this because we ALL will be effected by this. This is history in the making right now.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2010