Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sex question about lube.

i'm really allergic to intimate lube. they burn and make me swell down there. i really want to have anal with my husband but we can't find a lube i'm not allergic to. is there anything we can use?


Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • Have you tried Astroglide? It's a water based lube. I don't have any reaction to it like other things. It's even sold at Walmart. Otherwise, could you use a natural carrier oil like almond oil?

    Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • we've used lotion before in a pinch, but with you being so allergic I don't really know.

    Answer by reava at 9:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • What about vasoline...

    Answer by Judmr at 9:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • Do u know exactly whats in the lube that is making u break out? cause theres oil based and water based. Maybe try using a lube that is very simple without all the extra stuf like heating and scents. I would say try a simple water based and if that makes you break out try searching for something organic online. Other than that if all else fails loads of saliva and water, try havin vaginal first and then anal right after that way its semi lubed up and ready to go. good luck

    Answer by SweetPoison at 9:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • I agree with the first poster. I use to use lotion all the time. Just avoid the ones that are mainly just to make you smell good

    Answer by Deathlilly at 9:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • I agree with Astroglide, the water based kind but also tell him to massage the anal opening and loosen up those sphincters so it won't hurt. SO has even just used his spit.


    Answer by admckenzie at 9:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • olive oil?

    Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • water based lube

    Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2010