What do you think is a must have for a wedding?

My husband and I are planning on renewing our vows but this time we are doing the big wedding thing. Besides our tiny wedding that we had I've never been to a wedding. So does anybody have any suggestions as to what some MUST haves are or offer up any suggestions to make planning this thing easier?

Juggalette0327

Asked by Juggalette0327 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Photographs and video!!! When the day is over, the dress goes away, the flowers die, the food gets eaten and the guests go home but the pictures are FOREVER!
    beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• if you don't have a wedding planner i would say someone in charge. I wouldve loved to have someone "in charge" of things other than myself. It was so stressful trying to get myself ready and having to worry about decorations, reception, guest, food, EVERYTHING..at the last minute..pulling it all together. You should def have someone in charge as a host type person
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I agree with the PP. VidEOs and pictures are a MUST.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• A groom!!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Dancing music... I have been to several weddings where there is no dancing and they are depressing. Weddings are such joyous occasions that there needs to be dancing.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Meh. I had a big, glitzy hotel wedding and I think the absolute key - no matter what trappings you eventually choose, is that on that day, don't focus on the details. Focus as hard as you can on enjoying every damned second. Eat the food you selected, dance to the music and swish your gorgeous dress. :)

For me, I think a gorgeous dress and accessories, a handsomely dressed groom and meaningful vows are really the most essential trappings. Oh, and food. Really, really good food. :)

Beautiful tables are also nice, but I dislike tall centerpieces so I pretty much hate all but the simplest centerpieces.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 10:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• videos and pics for sure!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Two adults, an officiant, a couple of witnesses.

It sounds like you need to decide which is more important: getting married or being married.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2010