so...

I got a message from a friend wanting to know if I would make a tutu for her DD. I said yes but looking back I think she was asking if I would make it for free. I'm all about helping friends but we don't have the money to just give a tutu to someone. So should I send her a message explaining that its going to be $20.00 to $25.00 depending on what she wants, tell her I can't do it or just let it be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• If you haven't got the money, you should ask her for some to make the tutu with. That's what I would do.
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 10:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I would do exactly as you explained. Send her an e-mail with how much it will cost you to make. Have fun!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• yeah..don't be rude assuming she wants it for free. Just be like "i wasnt sure what you wanted exactly but this design..is this price and this one is this price...get back to me and let me know which you were wanting"
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I think you should let her know the price of it and see what she thinks. It would be rude for her to think your just going to make it for free. Times are tough for everyone and to think you just have the money to make it for her daughter is just not nice.
    cthrush82

Answer by cthrush82 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• You could just remind her to "pick up" the fabric of her choice and bring it to you when she is ready for you to make it and that way you wont be paying for anything. She would have to. And if you are looking to be paid for a service, I would let it slide this time since you didnt mention it but for the future just put a reasonable charge to it.
    TLW514

Answer by TLW514 at 10:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• either tell her how much it is going to cost, or let her know what material she needs to buy
    mommyagain

Answer by mommyagain at 10:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• she does know that you charge, right?
    Kimora_neko

Answer by Kimora_neko at 10:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I would tell her how much is needed for the material and let her pay for that and then make the tutu for free
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I say ask her to get what you need or tell her your prices.
    AmandaMichele

Answer by AmandaMichele at 10:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2010