Who controls the finances?

You or your husband? Are you happy with your arrangement?

Serenity75

Asked by Serenity75 at 10:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• I do and I'm not happy. I feel like I'm the mother and he's always asking for money and I have to say no. If he would want to be more involved it would take the guilt and burden off me. I don't say no because i'm trying to be mean I say no because we don't have the money for whatever he wants.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 10:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We actually do it together. We pretty much consult each other on every purchase..even small ones..but I am a SAHM so i don't have much else to do besides talk to him or the kiddos.
    AmandaMichele

Answer by AmandaMichele at 10:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We both are in control, but I'm in charge of seeing the bills get paid and that we're on budget.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We both make financial decisions together. Though usual I'll present the ideas and my husband will give it the thumbs up or thumbs down vote.

I love being in charge of the detail work, but I also like being able to get my husband's opinion on where we should spend our money and how much of it we should spend.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 12:07 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• hubby. and not entirely
    mommyagain

Answer by mommyagain at 10:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• When we first got married I handled all the money, now three years in our marriage my husband is becoming more involved and it's more of a shared responsibility, I definitely prefer it this way, I didn't like being solely responsible for handling our finances.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• my husband and i like it that way
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My husband does. I am happy with it he knows how to manage money alot better on stuff like that.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 10:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Mostly me. I don't like it but the alternative would not be something that could work well at all.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We both do! We also have always had "your mine and our" bank accounts. We make all "joint" purchases and bill payments together, but we allow each other to have "fun money accounts that we can use however we want--be it for something frivolous, for sports tickets, gifts for one another, some gadget we just had to have, etc--and doesn't need an explanation/justification. It's really easy too, since we have direct deposit our paychecks are automatically divided into our respective accounts.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:32 AM on Jun. 25, 2010