would this be childish of me?

I'm so freaking fed up with my dh and his cat. The cat has been puking all day..(he says he is taking it to the vet in the morning..we will see about that) anyways, i have scrubbed the carpets all day long...NO LIE..my husband comes home and i am relieved thinking he will take over the puke cleaning (since it is his cat) he picks up the chunks and goes to bed, leaving all the stains on the floor. I am just pissed. I don't want my child to have to walk through that shit. It is everywhere..and i am so tired of cleaning it. Would it be childish of me to tell my dh i am not coming home until the puke is cleaned (steam cleaned) ....this is making me so angry i am seriously thinking about going to spend the day at my moms tomorrow and not coming home.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I would leave that is gross!!
    AmandaMichele

Answer by AmandaMichele at 10:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• No it wouldn't, I know I would be pissed. I don't expect my DH to clean up after my cat. Leaving cat puke is just gross eww

Momsthename0609

Answer by Momsthename0609 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I'd save the "I'm not coming home" card for something a little more serious, however it does sound like he needs a strong message. Did you tell him that when he cleans up, it is expected that he do the stain removing and the deodorizing as well? Sometimes men need these things spelled out for them.

Certainly don't keep doing it for him though. I'd just tell him flat out that it's his job and he'd better do it right! Men like to do things wrong on purpose so that we'll just do it and not bother them. Don't let him play that game!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• This might just be me but I'd tell him to get back up and clean it up.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It would be the cat or me I love cats actually but I do not love disrespect

Tell dh you need help if he doesn't then leave the cat puke on the floor and go stay at your moms with the child
    Let him step in it a few days ......boy I'm cranky tonight!
    giftmom

Answer by giftmom at 10:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• well instead of just letting the cat walk around sick all day , you take it to the vet and see what is wrong with it!!! Why wait for your dh to take it, the poor cat needs attention not someone just getting pissed because it is sick! Not it's fault, help the poor animal...

I can see getting mad that he didn't help but really he is a guy, I would never expect my dh to pick up puke he doesn't have to stomach for it!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 10:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• ask your hubby if he wants to get up and clean the puke...or pay for a professional carpet cleaning? If he doesn't get up, call the cleaners in the morning!
    collide

Answer by collide at 10:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i wouldve taken him to the vet but my dh had all the money on him and by the time he got home all the vets were closed. He says he is takin him in the morning. We kinda think he got into the guinea pigs hay. He has been so sick all day though.

I usually NEVER clean up the cats puke. It was just so much! Plus my dh has been having some pain with his wisdom teeth so i thought i would be nice and not just leave it. I don't think he should just look over it though when he gets home. I don't care how bad his mouth hurts..i wouldnt do that shit! I am so mad.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 10:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Let him take care of it. It's his cat. I would leave and tell him that he needs to take care of that cat and those stains.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i dont know about leaving and saying you're not coming back until its done, but i would definatly go get him up and tell him he has to finish cleaning it up and tell him...like you said...its gross and you dont want you kid walking through that crap. If he refuses then i would say you can threaten the leaving thing.
    starreyedcutie

Answer by starreyedcutie at 11:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2010