How do I get my girls to stop fighting?

My oldest 2 girls are 12 months and 2 days apart. (3 1/2 and 2 1/2) some days it just seems like all they do is fight. Any ideas on how to get them to get along?

AmandaMichele

Asked by AmandaMichele at 10:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• let me know i got 2 boys
    USPS-I-DELIVER

Answer by USPS-I-DELIVER at 10:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• remind them that one day they will only have each other, and they will want to be friends!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Idk, I'd actually like to know the answer to that myself! I have four girls and they are always nitpicking at each other and fighting about the dumbest things. I do know that keeping them busy helps a little, but it's hard to do keep them busy every minute of the day.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• You don't. My oldest two are 8 and 7 and they fight too. But they are really best friends. THey hate being away from each other even though they fight a lot during the summers. When the days are bad because of the fighting I just get them to do separate things and that seems to help.
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 11:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Nope, I don't know any that DON'T fight, I let them WORK T OUT :)
    Princess223

Answer by Princess223 at 1:21 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Oh my goodness my mom had the best solution for this!! When I was around 8 and my brother was 3 she got sick of our fighting and didn't let us see each other for a whole day (I swear it was a week but my mom insists it was only a day) If one of us was watching tv the other was shut in their room, we ate at separate times, had different stories, everything. We weren't even allowed to set eyes on each other. I remember saying to my brother "lets just not fight anymore" when it was all over. Today we're grown and my brother is my best friend. Good luck!!!!
    ladykyr

Answer by ladykyr at 9:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2010