did you ever have bed bugs??help please

what did u do to get rid of them? how did you get them??
i have 3 boys in 1 room 2 beds..one full size bed and 1 twin sized bed.well i got the twin size bed from my neighbor and my son has had what we thought was a rash now we know its bites.should i get rid of all the funt. its very costly but after the rashes my 3 boys have now the floor is a better option..do you know can they jump im trying to fig. out how my other 2 got them to..dont bash me because yes my house is clean i got them from my neighbor giving my son what i thought was a nice newer bed..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Health

• We had bed bugs after my mom gave us a bed she got from the thrift store. They got into EVERYTHING literally. We had them in the couches and chairs also our bed. They get into the baseboards and carpet. We bought some spray from Home Depot called "Good Night Bedbugs" It was a blue and white can. We had to vacuum everything including the baseboards and walls. Then we sprayed every inch of our apartment with the spray. Our bed was the only thing that couldn't/wouldn't get rid of them so we had to throw it out. If you can afford it you should get an exterminator, if you can't the spray is the next best thing. Make sure to concentrate on the creases that is where they hide. I hope this helps and GL. Bed bugs are no fun...
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yikes, sorry I can't help but from what I remember hearing they are hard to get rid of. Have you done some online research? Don't worry, no one should bash you, they can be picked up very easily. Good luck, I hope someone has an answer for you:)

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• IF they're in your home they're not just in the bed. Get rid of that bed ASAP!!! I work in the ER and see people all the time who have bed bug welts all over their bodies. You can't just get rid of them, it's really really hard. I think you have to report it to the health department too. Call a professional exterminator for their opinions. The furniture must be tossed. If they're in the bed, they could be in the carpets too. They're called bed bugs, but they don't really just stay in your bed. You have to be really proactive to get rid of them.

Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I havent had them personally, but a friend had them in her house. They can jump from furniture, to carpet, and back again to furniture, and to all different pieces of furniture. That being said, I dont know if getting rid of the bed would help, because they could be in everything else now. They can even travel to different areas of the house. My friend had to call an exterminator, and pay him quite a bit of money, to have him spray and get rid of the nasty bugs. He had to come at least 2 or 3 times to get rid of them, I believe it was once a month.
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• YOu do NOT have to get rid of your furniture. However, you will need a professional exterminator to come in and get rid of them with either chemicals or heat. My husband and I own a pest control company (Luper Pest Control out of Crowley Texas) so I do know what I am talking about. You don't have to report it to a health department (at least in the state of Texas anyway). But you do need to get someone to come in and take care of them. Unfortunately they are very easy to get and very hard to get rid of. But if they came in on the bed, they are in your house. If you live in an apartment, your neighbors might have them too now.
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 11:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Once there in there in there is really no way of getting rid of them.I wonder is that the reason for getting rid of the bed.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• thanks everyone im getting rid of all the funt..im going to go take the clothing n bedding to the laundrymat tomorrow.i was told to wash the walls in fabric softner n spray everything with disnifectant please pray this works i already have stress problems this is all i need now.
    mommyny6

Answer by mommyny6 at 2:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2010