do women really know when their family is complete or not?

I've had 3 children... 2 healthy babies and 1 stillbirth at 29 weeks. all c-sections because of medical reasons and because of preference with the stillbirth.... Anyways, I feel as though I would like to raise one more child.... Some people are worried bc of my history and I want to know if I am being selfish or if you to know if your family is complete or not??? hope that made sense...

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I know some women who have known that. I know it now. I have no desire whatsoever to have another baby. I feel all the way to my bones that our family is complete.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We knew when our family was complete. I'm not sure if some women ever feel like they're done. Everyone is different, I suppose.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I think they do. I know that I am done. My husband, on the other hand, would love to have another one, but knows that we cant afford it at all right now.
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Some do I think. I don't think your being selfish. If you want more kids and go for it.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• If you feel like you can handle it, and the rest of your family feels the same, then no one else matters. I know that I'm done because I know I can't handle any more than the two I have. But I work with a woman who has 9 kids who always knew she wanted a big family.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I think that yes, women just know. I actually asked a couple of my friends who recently had their tubes tied if they just KNEW they were done, and both of them said pretty much the same thing, which was yes...they just knew. They felt complete. I'm pregnant with our fourth baby, and we've talked about getting my tubes tied, but I absolutely cannot go through with that. Until I know we're done, i'll stick with an IUD.

I totally understand the worries regarding your history...just remember it's NOT your fault, or a result of anything you did that caused your precious little one to be born sleeping. Loosing a child leaves a huge void, and it's not in anyway selfish to want to fill that void. My parents had a stillborn 2 years before I was born, and obviously, successfully carried me to term. It's horrible that it happens, but it's not going to happen every time. I'm sorry for your loss mama :(
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:39 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• For me 3 will make us complete. If someday we want more we will become foster parents. You should do what makes YOU feel complete, don't listen to anyone but your body. a 4th baby may help you heal from the loss of your 3rd. Birth can be healing in many ways. Do what is best for you. Good luck! <3
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 10:41 AM on Jun. 25, 2010