tummy time?

my little one is almost 4 months old and hates tummy time. is there anything i can do to get her to like it?

AmandaMichele

Asked by AmandaMichele at 10:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No. Once they develop better strength and muscle control it will get better. Put an interesting toy in reach, but if after 5seconds he's had enough pick him uo or put on his back. Try several times a day. Don't force it or you will make tummy time issues worse.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Tummy time is anything were they are laying on their tummy. Some things that might work is you laying on the floor and putting them on your chest, or just laying him/her across your lap (face down, like you were trying to burp them). A lot of babies don't like it but it isn't the end of the world if they won't lay on thier tummy's and "play".
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My daughter always hated tummy time. I don't push it. If they don't like it I don't make them do it, they will develop just fine without it. Once they start trying to crawl tummy time will be much more interesting.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• See if toys help.
    They don't have to have tummy time on the floor either. You can do tummy time with her laying on your tummy, or even while you're holding her upright. It's just for them to get used to holding their own head up and them using the strength to move it around.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Sometimes it helps to lay baby on your chest while you're lying down, so they can see your face. It works the same muscles as it would if they were on the floor, but they'd much rather look at your face. And some kids respond to toys. They also don't have to get all their tummy time in one stretch; you can do several short, like 5-minute sessions a day instead of a set block of designated tummy time.

My kids never liked it until they were able to roll over on their own.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• You kinda just have to keep at it, eventually it will be fun. try "airplane", it's tummy time but she isn't stationary on the floor. she still needs floor time to figure out rolling and stuff though.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My son haaated tummy time. He would scream and scream. Till one day at 3 months in his fit of rage he rolled over. From then on he quit and loved it :) Just keep trying. I always put toys infront of him :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:18 AM on Jun. 25, 2010