Curious why she asked?

My parents are out of town until Saturday, so my son and I are home by ourselves. (He's 14 months old and we didn't want to try to take him camping yet, so he and I stayed home). When I told my boyfriend, my son's father, this, he mentioned that his mom wanted to take our son for a few hours to watch him tomorrow. (He stopped by his parent's house on his lunch break from work and she asked him to ask me if that worked for me). Today she asked me if my son and I wanted to do lunch with her, and I'm wondering...do you think she asked because she feels bad that I'm alone, or because she actually wants to spend time with me? I'm not sure if he talked to his mom today, so I'm not sure if she knows that I would have been alone for the few hrs. she watched my son. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I dont know her or you so I really cant say...
    doms_mommy

Answer by doms_mommy at 11:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• maybe she just wants to hang out and while your with her you can mention it to her so everyone will be on the same page.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Maybe she's lonely and wants you to visit wth her

Answer by admckenzie at 11:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• hmm..maybe she is afraid her son will be at your parents house bumping and grinding with you and she is trying to prevent that from happening
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• You're putting way too much thought into this. Take the oppertunity to spend time with her and get to know her. She may actually just want to spend time with you and her grandson.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• maybe since your boyfriend mentioned it to her, she figures to take this oppertunity to not leave you lonely. maybe she feels bad about you being lonely
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Does it matter? I'm not asking that to be mean, but maybe you are putting too much thought into it. If she felt bad that you were alone, obviously she cares about you (?) and how you are feeling. I don't know your relationship with her, so it is hard to answer a question like this. If my dh was gone and my mil asked if the kids and I wanted to have lunch, I'd jump at the chance, regardless if it was because she felt bad or genuinely wanted to spend time with me. But I love my mil and enjoy her company. Either way it could be a fun outing for an hour or two and you'd get some adult conversation :)
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• maybe a little bit of both. Maybe she feels bad that you are alone and is looking at it as a opprotunity to get to know you better and hang out?
    starreyedcutie

Answer by starreyedcutie at 11:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• If she didn't want to spend time with you then I doubt she would have asked to:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I think you're looking WAAAAAY to hard into this. Stop over analizing what her motives are & just go hang out with her. It's better to have a good relationship with your mother in law. The fact that she is asking you, shows that she cares & wants to have a good relationship with you. Take avantage of that.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:17 AM on Jun. 25, 2010