How much do you make an hour and what do you do?

I do in-bound customer care tier 2 level for a company that is kind of technical. I feel like I am barely treading water daily. I make 11 an hour and was promoted without a raise. Just wondering what the spectrum is out there for job types and wages.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• ummm minimum with tips... which all equals to like 26$ an hour.. =D
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I make $0 an hour and I'm a SAHM. Actually, my husband and I share our money, so I'm not sure what it equates to hourly...but do I get a paycheck with my name on it? Nope. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I take Care of the Mentally Challenged For Fayette Resourse's & I make $8.16hr
    doms_mommy

Answer by doms_mommy at 11:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i was a CNA for 6 years, and at my highest was making 11.75 an hour after being promoted to team leader. when i quit nursing after my husband passed away, i started waiting tables, and found out 3.00 an hour plus tips is waaaay more than 11.7 an hour. pretty sad that the medical feild is set up that way. my average take home pay per day with waitressing was almost always 100 plus. something i couldnt do being a CNA. and it was half the stress level. bullshitting with people all day and bringing them food without having to feed them is way more easy than taking care of them, i have to say. nurses dont get nearly enough pay or credit. the only thing that sucked about the waitress pay is we didnt get a raise when minimum wage went up, as long as we were making at least that in tips, which we were.
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I'm a part-time nanny. I work a couple of days a week after school/day camp (plus occasional full days on school holidays, snow days, days when the kids are sick, etc.). I bring ds with me to their house, and make just over $17/hr. after taxes.
    JonesMama

Answer by JonesMama at 11:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I work in a retirement home as a waitress/dietary aide. I make $7.55 but i love it :)
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 11:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I make 7.50/hour...soon to be 8.00/hr as a clerk for a family owned adult book store.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 11:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Correctional Officer/ $ 11.80
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• $7.25 an hour as a preschool teacher = (
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I will get my first paycheck tomorrow, I don't know what I make! I was so elated at being hired, that I forgot to ask! I would imagine it is min. wage, maybe $7.50 if I'm lucky. I run a cash register & a drive-up window. A monkey could do my job!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2010