Need opinions! Its going to be my sons birthday, and he is sick!

I have been planning like crazy a birthday party for my son, have out of town family and friends coming for it, and coordinated with my inlaws to use their house and pool for his party. His birthday is on Saturday. But he got sick yesterday threw up twice, and had a high fever. So far today he has also had a high fever, no throwing up, but major bad diahrrea (sp?). We took him the doctors this morning, and she said that it was a stomach virus and he might feel okay for the party, not sure though. I cant reschedule the party because my husband works on weekends, and he took this weekend off for the party, and wont be able to get the time off again. So either I have the party or I dont. But I dont want to have the party, and have him not enjoy it, or risk him getting anyone else sick if he is still contagious. Oh, and as usual with something like this, he doesnt want to eat or drink hardly anything. I would love some opinions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I really don't think he will be up to par Saturday. I think you will have to cancel. I mean he still has a fever and diarhhea......not to mention you could still come down with it. You don't want to be handling food and hosting a party with that stuff going on. It's not fair to the guests and also he is probably going to still be weak and needs to rest up, not eat cake etc...

Oh and a pool is the worst idea if someone has "loose stools."

You can just do something with just you guys once he is feeling well. We don't have huge parties every year for the kids. Just as long as I make their day special. I still decorate, make them a cake etc...

I know it's a bummer......
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 3:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• This happened to me once, uggh very frustrating, but the party is for "him" so if he is not well enough to enjoy it, then I would postpone it. We ended up rescheduling my dd to a Tuesday night, lol, but it still worked out fine. Not as many people were able to come, but she still enjoyed it.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 11:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• aw im sorry, but it is his bday party so if he isnt feeling well he wont enjoy it. Maybe see how he feels and if he is still sick just make it a little get together and have his party when he feels better?
    starreyedcutie

Answer by starreyedcutie at 11:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2010