Where's Your Favorite Vacation Spot??

My Fiance & I Are Wanting to go on a Vacation Just the Two of Us But We Have No Clue where to go OR How Much It will cost! Also Should We Drive, Fly, or What? You Can also tell me why it was your favorite & what you did there if you'd Like!!!

Thanks so much for all your response's hope you can help us decide!

doms_mommy

Asked by doms_mommy at 11:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Travel

• My hubby and I love to go camping! Our favor faction spot is in the Hocking Hills State Park (in Ohio). It's just a couple hours drive for us. Sometimes we uses tents sometimes we get a cabin. Theres also great hiking trails, and lakes / rivers for fishing. Almost anything you want to do you can find around there. Theres rock climbing, repelling, a high ropes course, horseback riding, th list goes on and on.

Cost depends on what we do and where we stay. We've spent as little as $100 and well a little over a thousand. We always take a camping trip every fall.
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 11:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• where are you at? if youre close enuff, try gatlinburg tennessee. it beautiful, homey, and well priced. its in the season now, so its a little more expensive than in fall or spring, but even the cheep hotels have creek side private balconies, almost all of them do. i just left there with my mom and son, we saw all the sights and only spent about 300 in dining and activities. we were there for 4 days and 3 nights. our hotel was 347 for the 3 nights, but it was a double room, and a little pricier than the one my fiance and i stayed at last year. we found coupons in the travel guides that are at every gas station and got a room with a jazuzzi for 67 a night! its a lot of fun. and you have sevierville, and pigeon forge right there too. you can see movies, go to riples believe it or not, ripleys aquarium, where sharks swim over your head in the tunnel, go to the top of mountains, go gem mining and get jewelry made right there!
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We're going to Gatlinburg next week!! I can't WAIT!!

One of our FAVORITE places to go is St. Louis!! We stayed in a hotel on the Illinois side for right around $80 or $90 (it's been a few years). We took the kids, but it would be a fun trip for 2 also. We went to Grant's Farm. It cost us $8 for parking for the day and we had lunch at their courtyard. That's it...no charge to get in. And free beer! There is also the St. Louis Zoo. AWESOME ZOO!! and the best part? FREE!!!! We figured since it was free it must be a small zoo, so we only allowed a couple of hours to spend - WRONG! They had so much stuff that we didn't even get to see everything!!! And the Budweiser Factory tour...FREE! And free beer samples afterward :) There is a botanical garden and Six Flags there also.

We also enjoyed Niagara Falls. It is beautiful there and very romantic :)
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I love the national parks...specifically Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park in CO and pretty much every park in CA, OR and WA...lol. There is such beauty and amazing wildlife there. It's easy to forget that not every place in the country is built up with WalMarts and McDonalds. It's so nice to get back to nature.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 8:18 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We are In PA But Are Willing to do some Traveling!
    doms_mommy

Comment by doms_mommy (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• North Shore of Oahu, HI. Love to rent a house on the beach. So many beautiful beaches along the Eastern shores of Oahu. Probably too far for you though.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2010