Do you homeschool?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, we home school and we love it! I use the My Father's World curriculum. It is very thorough and easy to follow with lots of hands on learning experiences. We also participate in a local home school co-op where the kids get to take "elective" type classes and go on field trips, holiday parties...etc. The best of both worlds, imo.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 11:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I was home schooled as a kiddo. I wouldn't recommend it unless your community has community centers, community sports teams, community clubs and leagues that your kid can be apart of. It is very important for your child to have that social interaction with kids their age, because that helps them grow and build relationships. Also, if you don't have access to proper educational materials it wouldn't be a good idea to home school your kiddo.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Nope, my son isn't even old enough to attend school yet. Will I? Nope. I think the social interaction of a school setting is vital. A lot of people will argue that their kids still get adequate socialization, but I beg to differ in the sense that the school setting with their peers cannot be duplicated. Plus, I have a lot of great memories from school. I went to really good schools, though. If the public school's in our area aren't up to standards, then I'll have him attend a private school. Actually, I'll probably check out private schools first. Regardless, I'll do many comparisons before enrolling him.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My kids are too young for school but I am putting serious thought into homeschooling. If I do, they will be put into "extra curricular" activities so they can have friends.

ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 11:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• DD is 3.5... We are back & forth with it... There are very many pros to homeschool & very many cons to public schooling.. But Public schooling is what we "know" ... I dont know if we could do it financially.. But everyone worries about the social aspect.. Im not worried about that at all, Most of my memories growing up are NOT from school.. Very few of my friends actually attended the same school as me...
    Public schools are getting worse all the time... Decisions a parent has to make, so hard!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I was homschooled, so was my ex so my son will be. I loved it and so did the ex.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 11:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We are homeschooling for preschool. But we have not made a decision on if we'll continue once he starts grade school.
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Really, all moms homeschool to one degree or another. If I thought that I could prepare my child for an Ivy League university at home, I would have...

If you are considering homeschooling, definitely join the CafeMom Happy Homeschoolers group.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2010