Mommy Meet Up Groups?

Ive always wanted to join or create a mommy meet up group for my area (yahoo/cafemom/meetup.com)
But I am curious, the person that creates these groups what all do they do? Are they ever responsible for furnishing anything for the group? (Like snacks?)

What has been your experience with Mommy meet up groups/Playgroups?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am the owner of a mommy group on cafemom, we are in Palm Beach County, Florida.
    I do a lot for the group, including recruiting members, setting up playdates, setting up events, looking up local events in the area. Organizing the calendar per month. I also have two admin that help me out as well with these things.
    And when we have playdates at our houses, everyone brings their own snacks, lunch, etc. The person hosting the playdate isnt responsible for supplying anything other then their house! We have had potluck lunch playdates though, those are fun! Any other questions you may have, feel free to PM me.
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i think it just depends on where you meet and how many moms and what is the level that they want to be involved... if you are creating i think you should make the rules....
    we had a play group and just got 'kicked out' of the room we used and we are in the process of trying to regroup somewhere else...
    chiana

Answer by chiana at 11:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Well if you create one you can pretty much make it the way you want. Some things to think about are where you'd want to meet, what you'd want to do and probably make it a neutral meeting place at first, like a coffee shop or even a bookstore or mall. Depending on your personality too, if you are outgoing then you shouldn't have a problem but if you want to meet someone & have them help you form a group that might be fun too. Good luck.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 12:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2010