5 weeks pregnant - strange chest pain??

It's not heartburn and it's not quite pressure like they say if you're having a heart attack... but it IS uncomfortable. It's not like it's super painful either... but it's definitely a pain. I have no idea how to describe it... is this normal?

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 11:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• get checked out for galstones. Seriously, they are painful. I would ask your doctor about it....and don't just let him/her tell you it's "pregnancy pains" like mine did....
    Is it just below your breasts in your chest?
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I tend to remember feeling like that a time or two when I was pregnant. I wouldn't be concerned unless it is consistent and lasting. Then I would call your doctor and make an appt.
    simplysmiles13

Answer by simplysmiles13 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Just to be safe you may want to have a check-up. Congratulation on the little one and i hope you feel better soon!
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 11:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Actually, CAGirl4, yes, it's like right in between my boobs and a little lower, right in my diaphragm area. Like where your ribs come up & make that little divot?
    It JUST started like 5-10 minutes ago... and it's not super painful but it's definitely uncomfortable. Makes me feel a little sick. (my last pregnancy was very smooth with no sickness and this one seems to be going the same way so far).
    Thank you ladies... I'll see how I feel in a little bit - I'm definitely writing this one down to ask the dr. about. My 1st dr. appt is July 12. That feels like an eternity.
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• After I went to sleep I felt much better. I didn't like that feeling though... I hope it doesn't happen again.
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 10:26 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I get that too. Especially when I stand up. My doctor said it's nothing to worry about and it's likely the fact that since I'm so backed up (constipated) I'm liking feeling the pain because of that.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 10:38 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I am pregnant also and was going thru the same thing as you are and still every now and then have that feeling..its almost like you cant catch your breath either...i thought it was a panick attack, but realized it was all the time and im not sure you can have a panick attack constantly..im 10 weeks now and the pain and pressure has went away for now. Hope you feel better !
    Lovingmykids3

Answer by Lovingmykids3 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2010