What type of hotel room can you book for a family of 5?

I'm trying to book a place to stay while on vacation, but so far every thing I've tried bounces back with a message that my family exceeds the max number of guests and we need to book two rooms. We won't use two rooms. How can I find a place that will allow my family to stay in one room? If you have 3 or more children how do you book rooms?

Thanks!

TweenAndTwinMom

Asked by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Travel

• Call the hotel directly. Most online sites will make it hard to book for a family of five. You can book a room with two queen beds and get a rollaway. There might be a charge for the rollaway, you need to ask.
    If you call the hotel directly they can tell you if they have special rooms with extra space or not. You will not be able to know that from the computer site.
    I use to take hotel reservations as a job, and we always suggested people call the hotel in instances like this.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Embassy Suites is great... has a room with two queens and the sitting room has a double pull out couch! They serve continental breakfast and have an indoor pool!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Sounds to me like you need to stow away one of your children in your roller suitcase! LOL!! This is the issue that i most often hear from families with 3 kids- how vaca's are meant for families of "4". Seriously, short of being deceptive, couldn't you book a regular room and have one of the kids take along a sleeping bag or portable air mattress? it is crazy that hotels expect families to book an adjoining room for this purpose. They make it IMPOSSIBLY unaffordable for families to vacation.

Sorry but thats all i got. Ill be interested to hear what others have to say on this. Good luck! :)
    Lipstk713

Answer by Lipstk713 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Stay in a suite. You can get a room with two double beds and then the suite usually offers a pull out couch, where up to two can stay. Also, I've seen a roll a way bed added to those rooms as well. My parents do that when they bring my nieces down to visit me. They've stayed at Drury Hotels, Holiday Inns, Hamptons
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I can't afford to book a suite for my family, so we just book directly with the hotel, we book rooms with 2 beds, and they never have any issues with it. Some of them I've even been able to book online. Hampton Inn doesn't give us any problems booking online for 5 people.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Thanks all. I'll probably just call the hotel. I had planned to put the two little ones on the floor anyway because I'd be afraid of them falling off a regular bed. A suite would be fine if one's available, but it's not really necessary. It's not even the money that bugs me; I just don't see how it could possibly be safer to put any of my children in a separate room, especially if it's non-adjoining. Are they expecting me to put my 13 year old all alone in one room or have two 2 year olds in a room with no adult supervision? It's just crazy to have to book a second room that will not be used!

TweenAndTwinMom

Comment by TweenAndTwinMom (original poster) at 9:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2010