Birthday Parties

How far ahead do you start planning for birthday parties?

Do you make your own food or order?
I like the idea of a restaurant because we can rent the room and not have to worry about a mess at home but then again I also like the idea of making the food so its cheaper.

My baby shower was ridiculous, My mom said the baby shower was for her becoming a grandma too so we had ppl for me, ppl from my SO's side and people from my moms group...ended up being well over 50 people, I don't want to do that again

How many people do you try to limit to?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 11:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh and if u have it outside like at a park or community building I would limit to 25 mayb 30 ppl? But other than that i would do immediate family only and leave out 2nd and 3rd cousins lol I would mayb say 15 ppl?
    Mz_Momm25

Answer by Mz_Momm25 at 3:08 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• for the kids i general plan a month or two in advance. I never have it at my house (i hate clean-up duties and i know i'd be the one stuck doing it LOL). We general go to someplace with a jungle gym or play place, and invite all the kids friends and family. Because it's not at our house we just tell every here the parties is here and where going to be there from this time to that time. Come at any time. That way we'll get fifty or so people but they don't come all at once which makes it easier.
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 12:06 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• at least 3 months ahead. I think about it for about 6 months tho until i settle on a theme. My kids bdays tho r not so easy bc of the weather and the two oldest I have to do together. Feb. 18 & Feb. 28 r the girls bdays and my sons is Mar. 2! Convienant rite?! Ugh and its always super snowy or really nasty out the day i decide to have it. Last yr i did tinkerbell and disney princesses for the girls. it was fun but i spent way too much money. Both girls had costumes to go with the characters and both had seperate sheet cakes with the theme. But i only did cake n ice cream that yr. The yr before I had my aunt make her awesome chicken salad and the theme was Pink. Just watever i found on sale that was pink i bought. But i already started pickin up stuff for my sons bday bc it was on sale super cheap and he will b 1 so its kinda a bigger deal. The girls tho I have no clue for next yr.
    Mz_Momm25

Answer by Mz_Momm25 at 2:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2010