My mother and grandmother are fighting and....

My mom is putting me in the middle of it. She is making me call her every day to check up on her and see if she says anything about her and she is demanding that I say something to her.

The reason they are fighting is 100% understandable and my grandma is definitely in the wrong but I feel like it is not my place to say anything...she's my grandma for heaven's sake. My mom feels like no one ever stands up for her though and I don't want her to feel like I don't care.

What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• It's always your place to speak your mind, how else can anybody learn from you? Getting in the middle of the fight is never a good idea but you have a right to your opinion. I often intervene in family arguments. Sometimes you just have to let somebody know what they're doing is inconsiderate and it's causing other people to suffer. Good Luck!
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 11:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I would tell my grandmother that I felt she was in the wrong then tell my mother I think she is right and tell them both that I won't talk to them about it again. Honesty is my policy.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• if you truly do not want to be involved-you have to tell your mom to stop. then when she brings it up again you change the subject or say"oops mom the kid(s) are into something I better run call ya soon" and get off the phone. do it everytime, and at some point she will get the hint. it could come to a point tho where you and she fight because you wont do what she wants...its maniopulation and its not ok. it isnt your responsibility to make your mom feel "loved" or make her feel better that someone is on her side...its not your job. hang in there.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:28 AM on Jun. 25, 2010