Braxton Hicks???

I'm 24 wks and I've had this tightening in my abdomen area all day long over and over...is that BH? How long should it last normally? How many times is too many?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes it sounds like bh. It shouldnt last longer that 1 hour at a time...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:00 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• yes and as long as it doesn't hurt then you're fine
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Sounds like Braxton Hicks which is normal- just your body preparing itself. It's fine to have them. Later on in your pregnancy they might get painful and make you think it is "real labor" I am almost 36 weeks and BH have been getting uncomfortable sometimes. Nothing compared to real labor but i could see the confusion easily.
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 4:44 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• One more thing- Braxton hicks contractions should not last long at all. Definately not an hour for each one.
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 4:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• if you have them several times in an hour, go ahead and call your midwife or doctor. i started having BH at 32 weeks, and thought it was no biggy. then at 33 weeks, i had several in an hour for 3 hrs in a row, they weren't painful so i didn't think anything of it, but after i tried resting and they still didn't go away i finally went to the hospital and my son was born 3 hours after that! i wish i would have called after the first hour, because maybe my labor could have been stopped.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2010