This question is for women who have smoked during pregnancy...not the women who haven't so stay out of it please! IF you smoked during pregnancy how much did you smoke and did your babies turn out fine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I smoked just under a pack a day. Tried to quit, but dr. suggested to not quit because of other stresses in my life, the quitting was causing way more problems.
    Had a perfectly healthy baby.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I did with some and it was anywhere from 1-2 a day to half a pack. The only one I didn't smoke with is my oldest and he has severe learning disablilities and is bi-polar. One DD has one kidney but that is not in any way related to my smoking, other then that they are all fine.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I smoked with 3 out of 4 of my pregnancies, including this pregnancy. I smoke about 5 a day and my babies are fine...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i didnt find out i was pregnant until i was 5 weeks..so for those first 5 weeks, i was smoking about a pack a day..once i found out i cut waaaaaay back to about 4-5 day...but that only lasted for about a week..then i quit cold turkey..and yes my daughter turned out perfectly fine..shes 6 now..shes healthy, never any major problems, (like other than a cold, ear ache, or the flu) shes average when it comes to book smarts..but thats a different story..LOL (she has no patience to learn certain things)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i smoked with my first for the first month but the taste and smell became sickening and i havent smoked since...my coworker smoked with her children and they all have problems like asthma, eye problems ect....
    april262009

Answer by april262009 at 12:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I smoked until I was about 9 weeks with my oldest (didn't find out I was pregnant until then), but I only had between 4-5 a day at the time. She was born a healthy 8lbs 10.5ozs, and has been sick (talking fevers and such) TWICE in her 7 years of life. She has quite the immune system, zero breathing problems, nothing to speak of as a result...however that might have changed had I smoked my whole pregnancy.

My mom smoked with me (not sure how much) and I was a healthy weight, and also have a damn good immune system. Haven't had a fever since I was a little kid (like elementary age), but I did have a LOT of ear infections growing up.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:31 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I have 2 friends that smoked and thier babies are ok. Id recommend quitting if you can, but dont stress ur body doing it cause that stresses the baby too.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I smoked until I was 7mos with my son and then quit hoping it would be better for him. He has autism and ADHD, but that's due to his fathers disabilities and he was born and is completely healthy. My daughter I quit on and off thoughout my whole pregnancy because some days it would make me sick and others it wouldn't. She came out perfect and still is to this day 2 yrs later. I personally don't think smoking has anything to do with disabilities after pregnancy. The only thing smoking can do is cause a smal birth weight. My kids were 6'10" and 7"even. I have plenty of peple I know who smoked during pregnancy and they kids are fine. Everyone has a different opinion.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:32 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• You need to look at studies of adults of smoking mothers; anecdotes from mothers of small children are not scientific.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:29 AM on Jun. 25, 2010