Do your kids cry when leaving grandparents house cuz they don't want to come home with you?

my son did this weekend. It made me feel pretty crappy. I know my grandparents are the greatest ever. I even cried when i was a kid to be with them..idk..anyone else have kids that do this?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 12:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Not any more. But they used to. And sometimes they still ask me if they can go live with them. haha.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:21 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• sometimes
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• yes, everytime we leave, because it's all fun and games there....lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• No, she's always ready to come back to me. Maybe your parents spoil the crap out of him...LOL!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I had grandparents that were not very warm...but dont take it hard hon. all kids do this at some point. gramma and grandpa are all fun, no business-what kid doesnt love that? lol
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• No, But if they did i would bring that to an end real quick. I would let my kids kno that they had their visit wit their grandparents and now its time to go home where you live. and that they would see them on their nest visit but i don't stand for unnecessary crying.
    DeeDee737

Answer by DeeDee737 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• No my girl's are mommy girl's I am a stay at home mom so their with me 24/7 and we can't even joke about leaving them their to spend a night because they will start crying but when they have been home all week with just my my 3yr old will want to go to my parents but just to visit...
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 12:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• There was a time when she would go to MIL house & cry on the way home.. It made me feel HORRIBLE... But she grew out of it & now gets excited to go over there, but is happy to be home when she returns (she is 3.5 now, i think the crying was when she was in her 2's...)
    Ive told DH jokingly she may try to move in over there when she gets older...
    Just remember, when they are with the grandparents they get extra special attention that we dont (and shouldnt) give them... We are parents & should have fun with our kids, but its our job to give them boundaries, limit their sugar intake & not let them walk over us... Grandparents know they can spoil the kid rotten & leave the raising to the parents..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:53 AM on Jun. 25, 2010