my head hurts and tylenol doesn't work...

35 wks pregnant and tylenol does nothing for my headaches.....can you recommend anything that's safe...like a home remedy???

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 12:31 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Try drinking a huge glass of water. This always helps my head aches. I always drink water first, if that doesn't do it, then i go for medicine.

You could also masturbate or have your DH help you orgasm. When a woman orgasms, it releases a lot of hormones that relax your body & brain. It's even supposed to help with severe migrains.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• There is an Excedrin formula that contains Tylenol instead of aspirin. I would try that if you haven't already. I get horrid headaches that not even Vicodin can get rid of, but that Tylenol Excedrin does wonders!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• thanks! i'll have to try it!
    CAGirl4

Comment by CAGirl4 (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• You can also pinch the flesh between your thumb and first finger with your opposite hand and slowly close and open your fist (the one being pinched. It works for me.
    ta2dirishlass

Answer by ta2dirishlass at 12:42 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I had that same problem when pregnant. I kept getting dehydrated. Try drinking a couple large gl;asses of water. It always fixed me.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:41 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Drink plenty of fluids. Also, theres a tension tamer tea i found that helped a lot. i added lemon and it eased my headache. I had pretty solid headaches from about week 30 til i delivered at week 39. Also a warm rag on your forehead, lay down, close your eyes and turn the lights off. helped me too.
    Squeakette

Answer by Squeakette at 2:14 AM on Jun. 25, 2010