How to become independent???

I am in a relationship where my husband tries to pass his indsecurities off on me. Like he always talks of what a head full of hair he has at his age. And I can not say one word about anyone without him telling me what's wrong with me. Yet he gets upset because I have low selfesteem.
I feel as though he tries to beat me down to feel better. Like he demands I do not dye my hair.
Like he's always looking! What is he looking for I can not wait around while he tries to make up his mind when he's already married to me.
Is this normal?
He wants mne to stay home and be a house wife, yet he can't sleep do to financial worries. And it would seem easier if I took off on my own and let him have whomever it would be that satisfied him.
Then again he says it's more than sex, I took care of him when he was sick.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• You need tostand up for yourself and my your own decisions.  Work part time and open my own bank account, and move on with your life if you feel he not treating you right.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 12:37 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• He's toxic. You become more independant by leaving.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• You both need to be in counseling.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:16 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Read the books "Safe People" and "Boundaries in Marriage" both by Cloud & Townsend. They will both help you to see the relationship more clearly.
    luvmycutebaby

Answer by luvmycutebaby at 2:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• you become independent by doing something to better yourself. get an education, try to find a part time job if you can. also he needs to start showing you respect. you are his wife not a doormat
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 12:42 AM on Jun. 30, 2010