Should I just go ahead and move him to a toddler bed now?

My son who is almost 18 months old now was taking a nap before church time and when I walked into his room he had one foot over the railing. He looked like he couldn't figure it completely out just yet. Aslo the railing was down low. Would you go ahead and move to a toddler bed or just wait a longer while and see what happens?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I moved my son at eighteen months but that was when he literally REFUSED to sleep in a crib anymore. One night he just decided he'd had enough and he screamed bloody murder ever time I put him in the crib so I HAD to switch him to a toddler bed. I say if your son is a good listener and you think he'll understand that he still has to sleep there then now is a perfectly fine time to switch him to a toddler bed.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 12:41 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• If the gate was down low, what will happen if you put the gate back up high again?
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We started transitioning DD around that time. I would get him a 'big kid' bed and hopefully he will be excited about it :)
    ceemuhreeashbee

Answer by ceemuhreeashbee at 1:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Our oldest was in a "big girl" bed at 19 months. She did GREAT!

Our middle DD was about 2 when they got bunk beds (although I refused to set them up that way - oldest was 4) and she did good as well. But she liked to sneak into bed with us.

Our 23 month old isn't in one yet, but we're moving soon, so she'll get her big girl bed then.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• my DS moved to a toddler bed at 11 months, and he never had an issue staying in it. he loves his big boy bed.
    BestmamaIcanb

Answer by BestmamaIcanb at 1:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• we switched our DS when he was 17 mo but that was because he actually climbed out of his playpen and then did a somersault out of the crib. Just make sure that the rail is up and if he looks like he is going to climb out go ahead and switch him.
    MumsTheWord571

Answer by MumsTheWord571 at 2:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i moved mine at 18 months also
    xoxoamber24

Answer by xoxoamber24 at 2:50 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I'm wandering why the gate was low? I would leave it up and see wht happens...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 6:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• the gate was low b/c he has never tried to climbed out...i will have it up and see what happens from now on though
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 7:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2010