Can I take this while pregnant?

ok so my doctor is putting me on prometrium to try and regulate my periods. My doc told me to make sure i wear condums so i don't get pregnant. Since this could bust my fertilty and get me pregnant. But he was under the impression that i didn't want to get pregnant since thats what my mother told him. I wouldn't of let her in the room but thanks to her we got a great discount on the office visit. I keep trying to tell him we are trying to get pregnant but i cant ever get a hold of him we've been playing phone tag for the past week. So i was just wondering that if our condom breaks and i don't know i'm pregnant would the prometrium hurt my unborn baby? I've been having trouble getting pregnant but when i was pregnant 2 years ago i got negatives pregnancy test all the way up until i was 4 months pregnant. So i just want to make sure that if I do get pregnant while on prometrium that if i don't know i'm pregnant i'll be ok.

Lori1818

Asked by Lori1818 at 12:44 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Just visit him with out her, not to sounds mean, but if you're an adult your mom doesn't need to go with you to the doctor to talk about regulating your period :) just go by yourself or take your husband and tell her you'd rather go in with him.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• yes, it would, which is why he told you NOT to get pregnant.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:52 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i would love to go without her but she has all the connections and it was a cash pay so i wouldn't of got the discount i'll give my doctor another call tomorrow and see if he can change the prescription to something that can help plus listening to him i'd get freaken pregnant condoms suck XD
    Lori1818

Comment by Lori1818 (original poster) at 12:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I always check safefetus.com to find out what's safe for pregnancy.
    luvmycutebaby

Answer by luvmycutebaby at 2:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2010