Anyone else get cracks in their heels when they wear flip flops alot?

marilyp

Asked by marilyp at 12:48 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Health

• Yes, but I seem to get mine when in the winter time when I have to wear tennis shoes and then they seem to heal in the summer time when I am wearing flip flops....I hate it, it hurts!!

The only thing I have found that works is soaking them in warm water an then scrubbing them with a pumice stone, otherwise don't waste your money on heel crack cream. I don't think any of that stuff works.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yeah, it's disgusting. To combat it, I'll cake on the lotion and then put on socks before going to bed.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• yeah i get them, i never wear socks because i dont ever wear shoes that require them. but they stay away because i soak scrub file and lotion my feet everyday.
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 12:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yep, I hate it. My feet are so nice in the winter, but in the summer my heels start to get rough. I agree with the soak in water and pumice stone!
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 12:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I do sometines I use the pedi-egg to smooth them out.
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 12:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• No but my feet started getting dry so I put Eucerin Lotion on them thick and then wear socks to bed, when you wake up it is all soaked in your feet and you're moisturized again.

Just a lil trick I picked up
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• It seems to create callus' on my feet. I have stopped wearing them though because as I get older, I find I need support. Flip flops just do not help with support at all. I am sorry to say, I have gone back to my good ole tennis shoes!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• The thing that works for me is I soak my feet for 15 min. In warm water then I dry them then I apply lots of petroleum jelly (thick) then I put a good pair of socks on and wahlah! You have very soft feet the next day ;)
    Also it depends how bad the cracks are it just might take 3 times all together until you get soft feet. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:05 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Please don't put petroleum byproducts on skin!

Try coconut oil or shea butter, with socks, when you go to bed. Use a pumice stone in the shower.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I used to wear flip flops, but I have plantar fascitis so I need more support, but when I did wear them and had cracked heels, I would use Lansinoh (the stuff for cracked nipples) and it helped a lot.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:30 AM on Jun. 25, 2010