I WANT TO COOK SOMETHING NEW?

I think my kidz are tired of always eating mexican foods, And I was thinking that I should try to cook something new to them and us..anyone have an idea on what should the new menu look and taste like? come on share some of your recipes with me? and the world?

vania_jmz

Asked by vania_jmz at 12:49 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I love the sloppy cheese joe recipe I found in a kraft book once.

Just fry up the ground beef, drain the extra juice. Put beef into either crock pot or pan on low. Add bbq sauce and ketchup (about 50/50) for about 5 minutes. Put on bun with a slice of cheese and enjoy. ( I love to use jack daniels BBQ sauce).

very simple and easy, yet tasty.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:17 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I like eggplant lasagna. google it and you'll find a few different recipes. pick one you think sounds the best.
    my 4 and 5 yr old love it too.

Also, a good place for new things is a vegetarian cook book or website.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• You'll need: 1/2 stick butter, 8 cloves of garlic (minced), fresh basil (chopped), 1 cup heavy whipping cream, dash of pepper, 8 - 10 diced and seeded roma tomatoes, 1lb bowtie pasta, and 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese.

Melt the butter and saute the garlic and basil in it for about five minutes on medium heat. Add the cream and pepper bring it to a bubble and turn it to low, let it simmer for 10 -15 minutes while you cook the pasta, at the tomatoes to the cream sauce and cook just long enough to warm the tomatoes threw. Pour the cream sauce over the cooked and drained pasta add the parmesan cheese and toss to coat. It's kind of fattening but it's one of my FAVORITE pasta dishes.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 12:57 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• we have a 3 ring binder that we are putting recipes in that everyone agrees to keep. i try new recipes and once the kids and hubby have tried them the girls let me know which ones are considered keepers. one of thier favorites is black bean burgers. another favorite is banana split bread.
    chris13

Answer by chris13 at 12:58 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• my family likes this made up semi-Asian dish.Marinate some Salmon or cubed boneless skinless chicken breasts in low sodium teriyaki ,pineapple juice,minced garlic and a bit of ginger.Save some marinade.Cook some broccoli and some brown rice.Put the meat in a skillet along with sliced onion and marinade.Simmer till the meat is done ,then add broccoli and water chestnuts or any veggie you desire.Stir till coated and serve on top of rice.I use twice as much veggies as meat.If I am in a big hurry I use Soy Vay products for the marinade.My family wolfs this.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 2:15 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• These little boxes are not very good for recipes. I have a ton of recipes that are healthy, tasty, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some!

Answer by rkoloms at 9:12 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Turkey stroganoff (we use ground turkey instead of ground beef)       Breakfast for dinner is always easy and fun. Pancakes and bacon with a fruit smoothie.         Last night we had ham, scallop potatoes, deviled eggs & fresh string beans.

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 10:05 AM on Jun. 25, 2010