Ok I really need to stick to this potty training thing....I start then stop I know its not good but with a 7 month old itd hard to be persistant...Should I just say ok no more diapers & put underwear on him?

My son will be three in Aug, He has gone to the bathroom #1 not #2 yet , he likes to sit on the toilet, should I go cold turkey (except for night & going out ) ?

sissaymay

Asked by sissaymay at 1:06 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The "Three Day" potty training method worked for us and it does involved just going 'cold turkey'. He'll hate the feel of being 'dirty' and you will have extra laundry to do, but it made potty training so easy!
    ceemuhreeashbee

Answer by ceemuhreeashbee at 1:07 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• U gotta' STICK to it IF he is to master it.
    I ASK err' 20 minutes and I take the lil' one with Me err' time I use, and I go with hu' err' time she goes and praise hu' HUGHLY :)
    The pee is covered, we're still working on the stank, she's 2. I bought Dora panties, and she loves some Dora, and I told hu' she had to keep Dora clean, hahahahahahahahaha! We may have stank accidents 5 times a week, but we are gettin' there :)
    Princess223

Answer by Princess223 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My daughter is 2.5 and she has been potty training since Monday. I put panties on her and she goes with no problem. The problem is #2. Not doing to good but I was told this could take some time. I will do diapers at night and when we go out. She did train in 3 days. Now she does not even want a diaper. In the morning she gets very upset because her diaper is wet. So I just tell her it is ok .
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Just grit you teeth and push through, just like pulling off a band-aid.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 1:21 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yeah, it's hard to do, but if you set a timer every 15-20 minutes, both you and he will be trained soon enough.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:27 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Definitely, lose the diapers. And don't waste money on pull ups either. Actually what we did, was let him pick out his underwear and every so often asked him to sit on the potty. We even read a book to him while he sat there. If you can find one about potty time, it may help. Then we also had a reward system for every time he went. A sticker chart worked great for him.
    anonymous101

Answer by anonymous101 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• There is a book with Elmo using the potty. My daughter loves Elmo. It has buttons to push for different sounds (toilet flushing, toilet paper rolling, etc.) and one of the buttons that when pushed has Elmo saying "Elmo can use the potty" . My daughter is only 15 months so we haven't started yet but she got the book as a gift and she loves it already. Elmo can use the potty. Elmo can use the potty. Elmo can use the potty. AAAAHHHHHHHHHH! I don't know that it will make it any easier for us but I'm sure when the time comes I will need all the help I can get. Stick with it. Good Luck!
    Cheryl4424

Answer by Cheryl4424 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 25, 2010