What are the best sofa fabrics for kids?

we just bought sofa's about 3 years ago when out DD was born. Now they are wrecked and were looking to but some new child friendly ones.

Mom2princessq

Asked by Mom2princessq at 1:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• A dark-colored synthetic microfiber fabric is ideal for kids. It wipes clean easily and is not expensive. You can pick up a sofa/loveseat set at Rooms To Go, American Signature Furniture, or Ashley Furniture for around $500-$800 . Anything with natural fiber like cotton or cotton blends is much more difficult to keep clean and is more prone to permanent staining. We have a black synthetic microfiber living room set and it's great with our kids and pets. Good luck.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Microfiber and leather, they're expensive but easy to clean. I would much prefer a leather sofa because they're easy to wipe down but my hubby made me buy a microfiber one and all you have to do is steam clean it every once in awhile and it's good.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 1:21 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I am not sure about fabrics but if I had little children again I would look into the sactionals by LoveSacs. You can take them apart and take off the covers and clean them. Here's the link

http://www.lovesac.com/?gclid=CMHx7M--uqICFQyPgwod5x145w

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:21 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• lol, both ideas above are great ideas.

We have micro fiber and leather.. personally the leather holds up better than the micro fiber (it will come up, but if you scrub it enough it starts to look dingy).

Slip covers are also great.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• anything soft and NOT LEATHER. something dark and comfortable that you could fall asleep on
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:59 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• the reason i say not leather is though they are easy to clean no one likes sticking to a leather couch in the summer...yuck
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:00 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Thanks so much Ladies!!
    Mom2princessq

Comment by Mom2princessq (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Jun. 25, 2010