What would you think of a SAHM who orders her groceries online and has them delivered?

I did this today and my husband called me lazy:) It was only $7 for them to shop for me and to deliver them.

theutilitarian

Asked by theutilitarian at 1:14 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Uh, I think that you did a very smart thing. The gas in itself could cost that much out here. Not to mention the money you save on impulse buys. Who did you use? I think I may do the same too.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:17 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• You can do that!!!! Oh dear christ do you know how much stress that would take off of my shoulders if I could find someone to do my shopping for me. That's not lazy at all especially if you have young children. I have to drive three miles in the opposite direction and pay for two hours of daycare (the minimum allowed) everytime I want to go grocery shopping because my toddler will scream bloody murder everytime I put him in the cart to sit ever since they got rid of the car shaped ones that is. Man I'm jealous and it's only seven dollars extra that's only two dollars more then I tip the boy who bags my groceries and loads them into my car.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 1:18 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I think that's just about the smartest thing I've ever heard. Especially if you have toddlers. Or older kids who whine and cry 'til you start the bartering "I'll buy you xyz if you stop being a pill." You'll save AT LEAST $7 in gas, aggravation, time and Little Debbie oatmeal cakes.

BRILLIANT!

If your husband complains again, send him to the store with the kids.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Whatever works for you. I don't think its lazy!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:15 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I never gave it much though, but I wouldn't see anything wrong with that. It's too hot to be grocery shopping right now where I live. Yuck! What's the difference between that and something like Schwans. Sounds like a great idea to me!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:16 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I would bow to you and call you the goddess of all goddesses!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• That she is a smart momma and wish I could do it to.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 7:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I think she's a mom who would rather not take the kids out shopping. Nothing wrong with that. lol
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:18 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• let her do whatever for her that works
    aliciamedst

Answer by aliciamedst at 1:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• What?!? There's a way to get food that doesn't involve wrangling 3 kids through the store, putting back tons of stuff that "finds" it's way into your cart, and plugging your ears to tantrums which follow a refusal to add impluse buys to the shopping? At that good a price, go for it.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 1:24 AM on Jun. 25, 2010