My SO wants to trim my Babies hair....umm NO?

When did your son get his first hair cut?

He wants to do it because he has curly hair and it noticeably growing in uneven, but I want to wait until maybe he's one or older...I dont know why but Im attached to his baby hair and want to wait fro it to be cut KWIM

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 1:24 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• My oldest was almost two. My sil cut it while I was at work, without my permission. I was so mad and upset. We then had to take him somewhere that night because it looked horrible. My second son was also almost two. My mom trimmed his bangs, again, without my permission. We weren't cutting his hair yet because it was curly. I was so scared that the curls would not come back but they did, even after he had a real hair cut. DH and I have now threatened bodily harm on anyone that touches our dd hair with scissors without getting permission, lol.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 7:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Oh gosh our youngest was almost 18 months before we took him to the hair stylist. I would take him to a child friendly place before I'd let my DH cut it LOL.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:27 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I would cut it once people start telling you how cute your little girl is...thats what my parents did with my brother
    thefox

Answer by thefox at 1:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• my nephew was about 3 months old when he had his first hair cut, but he always had a mop of hair. lol.

My poor DD still hasn't had more than an 1/8 of an inch trimmed off here and there because it grows so slow (she's 2 1/2 now)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:28 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• SO wants to trim my 2yo curly hair. His family always asks. I always so not now. I like it!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I waited tll my boys were 2 1/2 they had curly hair and I loved it :) My daughter will be 6 next month and has never had a haircut, My MIL thinks I should cut it but I refuse. I know if I cut her hair we will lose the beautiful curls, thats what happened to me and i wont do it to my daughter. Besides she loves her long curly hair.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2010